Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Today I  made a 'super duper" nutritious smoothie for breakfast because I had some dental work done and cannot chew yet!

1 banana
1 avocado (peeled and seed removed)
1 apple
1 orange (peeled)
1 handful of  fresh spinach
1/2 cup of pineapple or more depending on how sweet you would like it.

Blend until smooth and you can add water to thin it down some and for added nutrition you could add a couple tablespoon of ground flax seed. This drink is a powerhouse full of vitamins, minerals, phytochemicals and micronutrients.

The added bonus is it is a beautiful green drink:) Yes, it is GREEN! Yummy!
Because it will be  several weeks before I can chew I will post some of the concoctions I come up with. Stay tuned!

Remember to use organic whenever possible to lessen the chemical load  placed on your body. Whatever systemic herbicides or pesticides used in the growing process of standard farming practices place a heavy burden on the body.

2 comments:

  1. Is the avocado a fruit or a veggie? My hubby said to write the recipe down so we can try your smoothie! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a good question....it is a Fruit!
      Although it is used mainly as a vegetable such as: guacamole. You will be pleasantly surprised with the taste. I think the avocado gives it a creamy taste.

      Delete